Bereavement Support Group Facilitator
Volunteers are the heart of the Alcove. All bereavement groups are facilitated by volunteers who encourage the expression of feelings among the children through reading stories, writing, art, music and verbal expression.
A comprehensive 30 hour training on the grief process is provided to all those interested in becoming a bereavement group facilitator.
Training sessions are offered on an as needed basis. See Our Calendar for Training Schedule
Other Ways to Volunteer for The Alcove
- Become a thrift shop volunteer
- Administrative support, office work, mailings
- Developing arts & crafts projects for the children
- Working on special events
- Become a member of one of our committees: special events, finance and program development
Forms & Applications